** CELEBRATING OVER 100 YEARS OF AN ANGLICAN PRESENCE IN MARDA LOOP **
(Read all about our Church History under the "History" dropdown menu)
New! Check out our Facebook page:
UPCOMING SERVICES AND EVENTS (2016)
May 3 - 7:00pm - Bible Study - "Book of Daniel" - Fellowship Room
May 7 - 9:30am-3:30pm - Congregation event (lunch included) - "Quiet Day of Listening" - Calgary Community Reformed Church (1638 – 30 Avenue SW)
May 8 - Seventh Sunday of Easter
May 8 - 8:00am - Holy Communion
May 8 - 12:30pm - Choral Holy Communion and Holy Baptism
May 10 - 7:00pm - Meditation - "Paul Shipwrecked" - Baptistry
May 15 - Eighth Sunday of Easter
May 15 - 8:00am - Holy Communion
May 15 - 12:30pm - Choral Holy Communion
The Church Office will be open Tuesdays from 8:00AM - 11:00AM and Thursdays from 8:00AM - 11:30AM.
We are planning a Syrian Refugee Welcome Pre-Stampede Event for June. Monetary contributions towards this special event can be mailed to: Parish of St Mark and St Philip, 1802 33 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 1Y9. Please write the cheques payable to the "Parish of St Mark and St Philip" but with instructions that the money be directed towards the "Syrian Refugee Fund". All donations are tax-deductible.
PLEASE NOTE: WORSHIP CHANGES STARTING SUNDAY MARCH 13th 2016
8:00 AM - Holy Communion
– said Book of Common Prayer (the former 8:30am service) will be held in the nave in the first pews on the south side of the building (close to the stained glass windows).
The Altar will be placed in front of that side of pews. This service will be followed by the usual fellowship time in the Fellowship Room.
11:30 AM - Fellowship Time – Coffee and goodies time
– prior to the 12:30 PM service - in the Fellowship Room.
12:30 PM - Holy Communion (the former Noon service) - (alternating between the Book of Common Prayer and the Book of Alternative Services) in the Nave of the church. The Altar will be between the chancel steps and the first pews in the centre of the space.
THE CHURCH IS OPEN FOR PRAYER AND MEDITATION - Thursdays from 9:00 - 11:00 AM.
Click link to read the current Newsletter - Easter edition: newsletter
Click link to read the previous Newsletter - Lent edition: newsletter
- Please pray for Persecuted Christians around the world, especially in Iraq & Syria, North Korea, northern Nigeria and South Sudan
- For more information about persecution in Iraq and the work of Canon Andrew White - The Anglican "Vicar of Baghdad", please visit his website:
- Please pray for the parishes and priests of our Companion Diocese of the Windward Islands and their Bishop, Leopold Friday.
(The Windward Islands (French: Iles du Vent) are the eastern group of the Society Islands in French Polynesia, in the southern Pacific Ocean. - source: wikipedia)
- Please pray for the parishes and priests of our own diocese of Calgary.